Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Brown Butter Blueberry Muffins

I know I've already posted a blueberry muffin recipe.
And while that one is thee best sometimes I don't want to do all the steps
at 5:30 AM while my kids chant MUFFINS!MUFFINS! (and NO! i am not joking)
so....
I use this one in a pinch and used it again this morning. YUMMY!

2 c flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c sugar
1 stick butter+extra for buttering
1 c milk
1 egg, beaten
1 1/2-2 c blueberries (6-8oz)
1/4 c brown sugar (opt)

Preheat oven to 400.

Line muffin tin with liners or coat with cooking spray (I actually prefer cooking spray because it makes the muffins a little crispy on the outside but still nice and soft in the middle)

In a large bowl mix flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Make a well in the center.

Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Once melted, swirl pan until butter begins to brown and smells nutty about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.

Pour butter, milk, and egg into the well of dry ingred. and stir to combine. It'll be a little lumpy. Don't overmix!! Gently fold in blueberries. Divide into muffin cups and sprinkle tops with brown sugar. Gently press brown sugar into wet batter.
Bake 16-20 minutes. (Mine in a gas oven were in about 15). While hot, cut muffin down center and butter.

1 comment:

  1. Ohh yummy!! I love how all your recipes are actually written out like actual old fashioned ones. Pretty original I like it

    ReplyDelete