Monday, January 31, 2011

Nestle Toll House Choc-Oat-Chip Cookies


I LOVE Nestle Toll House cookies! When I make chocolate chip cookies, I only make the 'Original Nestle Toll House' recipe. I think it's the best. Yesterday, I decided to make their chocolate chip oatmeal recipe- They were sooo tasty! 

  • 1 3/4 c. flour*
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 1/4 c. packed brown sugar
  • 1 c. (2 sticks) butter, softened
  • 1/2 c. granulated sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 TB milk
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 2 1/2 c. quick or old fashioned oats
  • 2 c. semisweet chocolate chips*
  • 1 c. coarsely chopped nuts (optional)
preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine flour, baking soda, & salt in a small bowl. Beat brown sugar, butter, and granulated sugar in mixing bowl until creamy. Beat in eggs, milk, & vanilla. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in oats and chocolate chips. Mix well. Drop by rounded  TB onto ungreased baking sheet. 
Bake 9-10 mins for chewy cookies and 12-13 for crispy. Cool on baking sheets for 1 min; remove to wire racks to cool completely. 
Yields: 48 cookies (4 dozen)

*My variations: I found that this recipe needs more like 2 c. of flour rather than 1 3/4 c. Also, 2 cups of choc. chips is almost too much. Next time, I will put a little bit less. And lastly, I love chewy cookies, and to get them just right in my oven- I cooked them for 8 1/2 mins instead. I guess you'll just have to experiment with your oven to see what time works best!

If you love these, you'll love the original Toll house chocolate chip cookies recipe. To find that recipe, go to verybestbaking.com or click on the Nestle link in the upper right portion of this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment