Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Heather's Homemade Salsa

Finally! I've finally gotten around to making something I can actually post. This recipe is a spin off my aunt's recipe. I just changed things to fit my taste. It has been a hit everywhere I've made it. And it is requested a lot! Tyson and I often double this recipe and it's gone in ONE week. (And we make it weekly).

  • 1 can mexican style stewed tomatoes
  • 1 large red pepper (It has to be red or your salsa turns out a disgusting color! cut up but keep in bigger chunks)
  • 5-6 green onions (cut up but keep in bigger chunks)
  • 1  4oz can diced green chilies
  •  1 heaping tsp. minced garlic
  • 1 1/2 TB vinegar
  • 1 TB sugar
  • 2 TB lime juice
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  • 1/4 of a bunch of cilantro
Blend in blender and serve. 

3 comments:

  1. yum! I am going to get the ingredients this week. We love salsa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, Heather! That looks so good and so restaurant-like. Can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete